5 steps to p.o.t.t.y.™ training.

5 steps to p.o.t.t.y.™ training.
"Post training, bladder and bowel accidents were reduced by 97% and success was maintained at four month follow-up."

"If your child has no desire to use the potty, chances are [s]he’s just not ready," says Ari Brown, MD, coauthor of Toddler 411 (Windsor Peak Press)."

My wife, Jamie, and I tried to potty train our first born 2 times before succeeding. And, yes, I’ll be honest with you, we failed TWICE!

Of course, coming from a psychology background, I thought I knew everything I needed to know. (Was I ever wrong!)

Nate, our son, showed no interest at all. I tried, and bribed, and threatened and scolded. (Of course, this only made things worse.)

I went back to the drawing board, so to speak. I had to find out what I was doing wrong. I thought I undertood child psychology.

"If your child has no desire to use the potty, chances are [he’s] just not ready," says Ari Brown, MD, coauthor of Toddler 411 (Windsor Peak Press).

"Pooping into the toilet is scary for a lot of kids. They may feel as though they’re losing a part of their body when they poop."

This time I swore that I would endure whatever it took to potty train my son. I would fight tooth and nail. I decided that I wouldn’t lose my temper, I would remain calm no matter what... Read More...

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post